Greystone Homes is here for you and your family during this exciting building process. We enjoy the building of a home just as much as you love seeing your dream become a reality. Stop by today to discover the quality that we pour into our homes.
Steps to Build a Home
- Pre-Construction & Planning – What do you want your home to look like? Have you saved pictures from a magazine, Houzz or Pinterest account? How about layout, bedrooms, bathrooms and other spaces? What is the budget that we will be working with?
- Financing – The bank uses the house plans and the specifications that we’ve created with you to finance a construction loan for the building of the home.
- Setting the Foundation – We use a super insulated basement foundation system that’s ready to be finished on the inside should you decide to do so now or in the future. We will have also planned for a basement bathroom, bedrooms and egress windows.
- Framing – This is when your house starts to take shape. Your house will now have walls, a roof and windows! You’ll appreciate the use of quality materials and framing techniques.
- Rough-ins – Enter the trades. You’ll appreciate the craftsmanship of what goes on behind the drywall and see plumbers, heating & air-conditioning experts and electricians hard at work. This is also when security systems, central vacuum, lighting, home automation, audio and communication systems are installed.
- Insulation – Sealing and insulating the home is one of the most important steps. You don’t get a second change once the drywall is installed.
- Drywall – A good drywall job should be the crowning touch on your new home. A bad drywall job can’t be hidden even with texturing.
- Interior finishes – Now the shell will start to look like a home as interior doors and trims are installed, custom built-ins are created, cabinets are hung, hardwood and ceramic floors are installed and walls are finally painted. Countertops, mirrors, plumbing fixtures, shower doors and appliances complete the transformation into a home.
- Exterior finishes – The outside of your home will progress along with the interior finishes. Exterior finishes such as brick, stone siding, and concrete complete the home and add architectural style.
- Landscaping – Trees, bushes, grass, sprinkler systems and hardscapes complete the outside and help create the outdoor living spaces.
About Greystone Homes
“Love you! Love it! were our words to Melissa and Kelly, owners of Greystone Homes, when they gave us the keys of our new brand house. There couldn’t be a way to make the house of our dreams without this great building company. They were really committed to fulfilling our expectations and working with us in every detail of design and quality of the materials. Another aspect we liked about working with them was their professionalism, expertise and honesty. They always kept us within our budget and advised us what might be better, giving us options to reach the look we wanted. The house was finished on time without any delays. We really want to thank them and their staff that made it all possible, and YES……… we LOVE our house.”
-Jamie & Dolores & Family